Woow... so many days had passed and soooo many things were happening... Where do I begin?? It’s quite a realization.... This is the trip where I thought I would write the most in my travel journal... Several days before my flight to Buenos Aires, I went to Barnes and Nobles and had spent probably half an hour trying to pick the notebook that I would love..... And here we go... several months later... no diary... just a collection of tickets and business cards that I somewhat religiously gluing with my glue stick... God Bless Internet! It’s giving me a 2nd chance!
Soo, after the Spanish School in Bariloche, I crossed the border to Chile... I really had no plans of where to go.. so food was a motivation.. kinda ... :) . I decided to spend several days in Isla Chiloe... Turned out to be popular with chilenean vacationers, but not soo much with foreigners.. It was kinda cute.... but the best part was seafood, mariscos and ceviche and etc...
From there, I took the bus to Puerto Velez, still in Chile.... a small town, where I thought I would just spend 1 night, the most, and would go to a popular and touristy Pucon. BUT, I did get stock here... and so decided to skip the Pucon.
Volcano Vesuvio
What made me stay here was my new ¨chilenean family¨. When I was looking for a room to stay, I accidently found the Hospedaje, where I had my 1st private room, with windows, and clean and just beautiful and all of that for 6000 chilenean pesos, or $10. The room was in the family house that had a lot of family members visiting from all over Chile, because it was the last week before school begins.... End of February or if it would be equivalent of end of August in US or Europe... To say the least, we got very attached to each other, we talked, I practiced Spanish, they were asking me why I was single, I was asked them why do the girls who were from 12 to 15 years old were smoking with the adults in the apartment, they fed me traditional chilenean dishes, I brought fruits to share, and I thought them how to open a Skype account... At one point out of curiosity I counted and came up with 14 people including me in one apartment... with one bathroom... :).. But, it was one of the best rooms I’ve stayed in so far!!! The last night, in the apartment, we got 3 more foreigners... 2 guys from UK and 1 guy from USA... So, then there were 17 of us..... and 1 bathroom!!! :)
But the boys were cool and also thought that was one of the best places to be!! In the end, I was also lucky, as they invited me to join them to drive back to Bariloche, Argentina... They were really cool, because there was really no room for me and my backpack, but we did fit!! Only 2 big backpacks fit in the back, the rest of our backpacks and guitar had to go inside the salon of the old car that they bought in Santiago...... for an 8 hour ride!!! And it was a fun ride!!!! No regrets!!!
My ride to Bariloche.




No comments:
Post a Comment