


I like coming back to the same city, same hostel, same restaurants.. It gives me kinda a feeling of something familiar, like coming back to the comfort zone or home... I went back to hostel Estoril... I stayed here when I first started my trip! Back in January, I was all confused and jetlagged, and now, I was sucha Pro! :) Esteban, who works in the hostel, not only recognized me and remembered my name, he also complimented me on how my Spanish had improved in 1 months and a half.. Yeah :)) !! Now... Manu.. I was waiting for this moment impatiently!! I met Matias, and we took Subte (subway) to go to the stadium. When we met, I learned that the concert is outdoors, in the large sport arena, the tickets were sold out. As we were walking to the place, I also learned that in Argentina, the sale of alcohol is illegal in all concerts or sport events. Then, I proposed that we just buy a bottle of beer and drink it at least before the show (it’s allowed to walk with a bottle of beer here).. So, when we tried to buy beer in the supermarket, I also learned that it’s illegal to sell alcohol in the supermarkets that are close to the concert venue... As we were in the supermarket, the police was closing the alcohol section with the curtains and we were not allowed to buy any beers... Oh, welll.... I had no choice but be sober and enjoy the concert as is!!! The concert was great, full of energy; the Argentineans were just crazy.. (and that is without alcohol :)) the first minute he started to play, everybody started to push and jump on top of each other trying to get closer.... I seriously freaked out at first, and we had to move back ... for my safety..:) . Manu played a lot of Mano Negra, high energy tunes... and would play for 3 and a half hours.... he kept coming back as the crowd was singing ¨otra, otra¨ and ¨ole, ole..etc..¨. At some point he came back and was just humming, as if he was running out of songs... :)) and the crowd was just going nuts.... Going home, was also an experience, we had to take a bus and the bus would not move, because we were in the middle of “sea of people”.... There is no train in Buenos Aires after 10.30 pm... I got back to my hostel at 4 am, and I was not able to sleep at all, because I still had Manu in my head:)
No comments:
Post a Comment