Punta del Diablo
Que es eso??? :)
Its a small fishing village where I spent several days trying to enjoy the beach, while waiting for the weather to improve, eating delisious home made (hostel rather) various shrimp dishes everynight, and chilling in the only hostel here, El Diablo Tranquillo.
Its a great story by the way, my dream project... one day..... i hope..... This hostel has an incredible feel, design and was created by a very young american couple from Wisconsin, who are only about 24 years old.
The beach is not happening much for me... The weather decided not to cooperate... :(. Well to be exact, out of 3 days, 2 were rainy and cold and one day was beutiful!!! Maybe I start taking things for granted and becoming spoiled, who knows? Maybe... Just a little bit... :) Depends how it goes tomorrow, I might stay or I might continue travelling... Its unfortunate, becasue its an ideal unspoiled very special little spot!!!!!!
The crowed in the hostel is great.. My first night here I met some really cool people, urugyanas, argentinos, israeli, europeans and americans... And we all went out that Friday night into the only bar in the village, and had some great fun... as if we knew each other for years!!!
I became good friends with the Israeli guy in the hostel, he is on his 10th month of his big trip and still going strong and enjoying every minute of it! Has tons of stories and good recomendations... Also, he represented israel in the men's indoor volleyball and a great cook, who loves shrimps!!!!! The shrimps are quite cheap here, but only if you buy from the fisherman... And they are quite expensive for a backpacker if bought in the restaurant.... So, we have been cooking the most incredible shrimp dishes "together".... me being the most useless 1st assistant :) I did the dishes, though so felt somewhat useful!!! I think we ate the most incredible dinner in the whole hostel and everybody kept peeking and were jelouse!!! Somehow, on day 3 most of the hostel had caught up with our brilliant shrimps and tried to elaborate with shrimps dinners: pastas, paellas, boiled shrimp.... etc...! But we were leading again... with our best cration ever... ceviche!!, which by the way was my idea!!!!!
So, now, the stars are up there int he sky, and its a beuatiful night... I hope the sun will come out, and i will be able to conitnue staying tranquillo here in the El Diablo Tranquilo!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zenka, I love it! I feel as if I am there too.. :-)
ReplyDelete