I am in the middle of my trip!!! 6 months in South America so far and 6 more to go (according to the initial plan)!!!!
I wanted to do something special and hopefully share this experience with somebody… Well, it’s far from perfect… because, I was alone for some days now… Yusef had just left… I kept meeting the most annoying teenagers in my way … and did not meet any people yet that I liked to hang with… And, as much as I like to be travelling alone, I did get used to be travelling with great people that I’ve been meeting ever since I crossed the border to Bolivia.
To celebrate my 6 months anniversary, I decided to challenge myself again and learn to do something completely new – to snowboard. I travelled to Huacachina, which is 4 and a half hours away from Lima. Huacachina is a tiny oasis with palm trees and lagoon, all around surrounded 360 degrees with beautiful humongous sand dunes… That place is soo unique, I felt like it was a dream!!!! In fact I arrived to Huacachina after dark, and the next morning when I woke up and saw it all, I was in heaven and knew I was in the right place!!!! In Huacachina, I sighed up right away to do the buggy/sand boarding in sand dunes! Ridding in that buggy was Crazy fun!!! Besides, that’s where I got my first lesson on sand boarding. I had never surfed or snowboarded before! Sand boarding in the hot and soft sand dunes is definitely an easier transition to the world of coolness!!! Yes, its lame, but I felt really cool carrying my board and proud of my achievements on the sand!!!
And everything fell in the right place!! I spent 5 days there, learning sand boarding, met some great peeps there too and met a helpful and friendly hippie-man, who taught me how to make my best macramé bracelet creation yet!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment