Somebody!!! Help me understand Brazileans!!!!
The 1st couple of days in Brazil... It seems like I am having some sort of culture shock... I dont understand a word of portugese..., cant ask for directions or order food on my own. But luckily, I still have Marina by my sight, who is Portugese, so she does all the talking... Its better than nothing, but I miss having control over the language and be a traveller who can strike a conversation at any moment with the local and be self sufficient.
But yesterday experinces made me realise that its not only the language, its defenetly more than that! So, here we go... It happened at least twice in one day...
Marina and I had to take care of some business and went to the nearest town center, Barro de Lagoa, where they have cash machines and beauty salon. Both things are muy importante!!! When we were at the beauty salon, at some point, I went to the supermarket... So, I told the english speaking receptionist that i will be across the steet in the supermarket waitng for Marina! She said not to worry, and so, i REALLY took my time... and Marina was still not here, so I thought to check back with that receptionist... Well, she smiled and told me that Marina left when she was not there ... and showed me in what direction... Then I asked her, how would she know if she left in that direction, so she said that she saw her walking that way... How about, bitch, telling Marina that I was in the supermarket wating for her??????? Later, Marina told me that she also asked her in portugese about me, where I was... The receptionist said the same thing to her, very short and straight to the point
'SHE LEFT!'. Well, Marina, being a new travel friend, thought that I did leave her there and went back to our hostel in another village... Meanwhile, I kept circling the town, hoping that we find each other still.
When I got back to the hostel, finally... I saw that Marina returned but she was not there at the moment. I asked another English speaking dude who worked in the hostel if he knew where she was, he said that he had no idea... So, I tried to diffuse my anger and try to chill on the balcony overlooking the sea... An hour later, when Marina returned, we talked and realised what happened earlier... Several hours later, when drinking caiparinha and eating shrimps, I learn a new detail of this already very complicated story... Apparently, after Marina came back to the hostel and I was not there, she wrote a note for me and left it with the receptionist in the hostel, where she said that she will meet me on the beach... Woow!!!!.... I was so furious...once again...nothing would stop me from another confrontation... so I went directly to that receptionist dude with caiparihna in one hand and the stinky shrimp in my other hand... When I asked him if Marina left me any messages earlier, he said... that all she said was that she went to the beach! WHAT?!? But, I did not know that???? Apparently, the slow dude read the note, and decided for us that the note was not important? and never even mentioned the beach to me???, when I was asking him about it? I asked him for the future to let me decide if the notes left for me were important or not.... I dont think that guy liked me after that conversation! Pero,no importa... I did not like him either!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment