Going back to Buenos Aires!

Going back to Buenos Aires... again... The main reason for my trip back here was to meet a friend, the local porteno, who invited me to take a road trip with him. I had many reservations and mixed feelings about it... I was also afraid to be disappointed in the city that I got to love so much this summer and I could not imagine how the winter would feel there. I also wanted to improve my tango skills, and more, importantly, I was excited about meeting my new friends that I met during this trip! So, here I am going across, from Santiago to Buenos Aires (over 20 hours of travel in the bus). Right away, when approaching Buenos Aires, I realized it was not the same... the spirit of summer is gone, people looked tired... and ... there was a lot of unusual traffic..., the protesters blocked the road. Later I also learned that the Subte (Subway) is also shut down. Again, to make the long story short… it was too cold in Buenos Aires, all my “new” friends were busy and I was only able to meet 2 of them in the last days, my porteno friend had some problems at work, and we could not head to that trip together. Well… even tango had disappointed me… my teachers of tango were not around, and I kept taking some boring random classes… So, after a serious of these disappointments, and 5 days after I returned to Buenos Aires, I decided not only to leave Buenos Aires, but also Argentina all together! So, finally, I am moving on… and on the way to Bolivia!!! It was time to move on with my trip… Who knows, maybe, these were the signs to keep on travelling!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Zhenka, Want to meet my friend in buenos Aires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you loads chica loca
    keep on going so i can keep "travel" with you
    besos grandes
    la loca

    ReplyDelete